[GNC] How can I fudge a quotation in GnuCash and convert it to invoice if accepted?

Dr. David Kirkby drkirkby at kirkbymicrowave.co.uk
Wed Dec 29 08:00:30 EST 2021

On Wed, 29 Dec 2021 at 03:41, Adrien Monteleone <
adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net> wrote:

> I thought the document number was assigned on creation, but I'd have to
> verify. (you can't delete an invoice for example, and you'd have to
> change the number to something like 'use next' if you made an error
> creating it)

If the invoice can not be deleted before posting, that would probably mean
it is unsuitable for use in the UK, as I believe invoice numbers have to be
created sequentially.  One should *not* have invoice numbers of 1, 2, 4, 7
etc.

> The Business Features originally were created by a dev for their own
> limited use case. Some UI improvements and bug fixes have been made over
> the years, but the functionality hasn't really been expanded much for
> some time. (I think Credit Notes being added was the last major change
> and that was way back in 2.4.x or early 2.6.x)

The user interface is obviously important, but the lack of some basic
functionality is annoying.

The other thing that I would like (support for crypto currencies) is
something that I expect I could easily add to the source code myself. But
there’s no way I could add the invoice/proforma invoice, is not something
that I am going to be able to do.

I will have a look around and see if other open-source software that might
meet my needs better.

I think the ability to convert a quotation into an invoice, *and also to a
proforma invoice*, is pretty is pretty important.

> Regards,
> Adrien

Dave
--
Dr. David Kirkby,
Kirkby Microwave Ltd,
drkirkby at kirkbymicrowave.co.uk
https://www.kirkbymicrowave.co.uk/
Telephone 01621-680100./ +44 1621 680100

Registered in England & Wales, company number 08914892.
Registered office:
Stokes Hall Lodge, Burnham Rd, Althorne, Chelmsford, Essex, CM3 6DT, United
Kingdom