[GNC] Cannot select A/P Account to post Bill to

Mattia Rizzolo mattia at mapreri.org
Thu Dec 30 15:38:07 EST 2021

On Thu, Dec 30, 2021 at 05:59:47PM +0100, Sebastian Naumann wrote:
> I wanted to test out GnuCash, including posting a bill.
>
> Unfortunately, I am unable to select an A/P Account to post the bill to. The
> dropdown in the post modal is simply blank.
>
> If I try creating a new account via the "NEW" button, everything works fine
> and the account shows up in the dropdown, allowing me to post the bill.

In my experience, that's usually a sign that the A/P account is not
actually of "type" A/P.
Try clicking "edit account" and check the "account type" section.  If
it's not of type "A/Payable" then you'll need to create a new account and
select the correct type (for some reason it seems impossible to change
an existing account to be of A/P type, at least here it seems to be
restricted as a valid option only during account creation).

> Also, I want to wish everyone a great start into the New Year.

Happy new year to you too! :)

--
regards,
                        Mattia Rizzolo