[GNC] Log file preferences (using sqlite)

Chris Green cl at isbd.net
Wed Feb 3 04:57:02 EST 2021

On Tue, Feb 02, 2021 at 09:52:00PM -0500, Joseph Vernice wrote:
> You can try creating a link pointing to where you want to save the logs.
> Unfortunately, if you use this method, everything in the folder will be
> saved to the linked folder, including mom GC files.

No, the idea would be to separate the logs (i.e. temporary files that
you hope you never need to access) from the actual data that is your
accounts.

I keep everything to do with the organisation that I run the accounts
for in a single directory (with sub-directories if that makes sense),
so in my home directory there's pcc/2020 which has in it:-

    08 - sub-directory with some correspndence etc. from August 2020
    2020balancesheet.html - what it says
    building.gnucash - building fund accounts
    general.gnucash - general fund accounts
    giftaid - sub-directory containing scans of GiftAid envelopes, to submit to HMRC

... and GnuCash clutters the place up with:-

    building.gnucash.20210202152822.log
    building.gnucash.20210202153313.log
    building.gnucash.20210202153340.log
    building.gnucash.20210202153716.log