[GNC] Log file preferences (using sqlite)

Chris Green cl at isbd.net
Wed Feb 3 11:56:38 EST 2021

On Wed, Feb 03, 2021 at 10:46:35AM -0600, Adrien Monteleone wrote:
> On 2/3/21 3:47 AM, Chris Green wrote:
> > I can't really work that way as I have two independent sets of
> > accounts to manage.  If you just swapped from one to the other within
> > Gnucash I hate to think how you'd unscramble the log file(s).
>
> I use several books too, and switch from within GnuCash without issue, but
> each one is stored in a different folder, so the logs stay separated as
> well. (they are also named to match the data file. I suppose my names are
> sufficiently different, that even if they were in the same folder, I could
> still tell them apart easily.)
>
> Maybe create sub-folders for each book and swap books from within GnuCash
> rather than double-clicking them to open.

They are in separate sub-directories.

However, being a command line junkie, I very, very rarely click on
icons to start programs.  For gnucash I have written myself a trivial
script 'gc' to run gnucash.  I do have a (very) few programs I can
pull down from the panel at the top of my screen - Firefox, terminal
window and a calendar - that's it, everything else is command line.

I find it much easier and faster to simply type 'gc' or 'abook' or
whatever on a command line (I always have several open) than to find
and click on an icon or search through menus for a program.

--
Chris Green