[GNC] Trouble getting stock quotes from TSX

gnu Gord gnucashgord at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 18:01:59 EST 2021

Is anyone using the stock quotes in GnuCash from the TSX (Toronto Stock
Exchange)?
I can not get it to work.
I have it working from Yahoo but not the TSX.
I tried testing it using gnc-fq-dump and did not have any more luck. It
seems to work if I use Yahoo but not the TSX. I don't know what I'm doing
wrong.

Here are the two attempts to get a quote for the stock 'T' (TELUS
Communications):

c:\Program Files (x86)\gnucash\bin>perl "c:\Program Files
(x86)\gnucash\bin\gnc-fq-dump" -v tsx t

Finance::Quote fields Gnucash uses:
    symbol: t (deduced)          <=== required
      date: ** missing **        <=== recommended
  currency: ** missing **        <=== required
      last: **missing**          <=\
       nav: **missing**          <=== one of these
     price: **missing**          <=/
  timezone:                      <=== optional

** This stock quote cannot be used by GnuCash!

All fields returned by Finance::Quote for stock t

stock           field  value
-----           -----  -----
t            errormsg: HTTP session failed
t                last: **missing**
t                 nav: **missing**
t               price: **missing**
t             success: 0

c:\Program Files (x86)\gnucash\bin>perl "c:\Program Files
(x86)\gnucash\bin\gnc-fq-dump" -v yahoo_json t.to

Finance::Quote fields Gnucash uses:
    symbol: t.to                 <=== required
      date: 02/05/2021           <=== recommended
  currency: CAD                  <=== required
      last: 27                   <=\
       nav:                      <=== one of these
     price:                      <=/
  timezone:                      <=== optional

All fields returned by Finance::Quote for stock t.to

stock           field  value
-----           -----  -----
t.to            close: 26.76
t.to         currency: CAD
t.to             date: 02/05/2021
t.to        div_yield: 4.3535125
t.to              eps: 1.038
t.to         exchange: Sourced from Yahoo Finance (as JSON)
t.to             high: 27.12
t.to          isodate: 2021-02-05
t.to             last: 27
t.to              low: 26.59
t.to           method: yahoo_json
t.to             name: t.to (TELUS CORPORATION)
t.to             open: 26.76
t.to               pe: 26.01156
t.to          success: 1
t.to           symbol: t.to
t.to             type: EQUITY
t.to           volume: 6691064
t.to       year_range:       18.545 - 27.74