[GNC] Scheduled Transaction Mystery?

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 6 15:42:19 EST 2021

Popup?  I am starting to set up 4.4 in Windows and it just ran SLR.

After starting GnuCash the SLR started and presented the usual list of
transactions, two of which were already created and scads had reminder
status.  I chose to show results but not to create any from reminders at
this time.  I think all of my auto created ones are configured to show
results in their respective settings.

So then I clicked to see results and those two transactions appeared in a
created transactions window but there was no pop-up like Fred just
described.  I could not see any noticeable difference from the behaviors in
the 3. release or even in the 2.6 releases.

Does that pop-up only happen if there are transactions configured to be
created without showing results?

By the way, I did not intend to hijack this thread away from the previous
thread regarding newly created transactions not appearing in their
respective registers.  It appeared in my Gmail folder that this was already
a separate thread.  I have no clue how Gmail defines threads.  That issue
is far more critical if it actually is a bug rather than a misunderstanding
about how GnuCash works.

On Sat, Feb 6, 2021 at 12:42 PM Fred Bone <Fred.Bone at dial.pipex.com> wrote:

> On 05 February 2021 at 20:05, Adrien Monteleone said:
>
> > On 2/5/21 7:39 PM, David Carlson wrote>
> > > I want to start with "... will tell me on start up
> > > that it has created x number of scheduled txns. I can see the change in
> > > value in the register but not the actual txn."
> > >
> > > Where does GnuCash display that number?  I have never seen such a
> > > summary transaction count or noticed an updated running total for any
> > > account in any of the places that I might think to look for these
> > > changes. Admittedly, I am currently still using release 3.8 in Ubuntu
> > > 20.04  Do I simply not know where to look?
> >
> > The Since Last Run Dialog perhaps? I'm not certain, I don't have any to
> > fire for a spell.
>
> No: in the popup message on completion of the process. Just now it told
> me:
> > There are no Scheduled Transactions to be entered at this time. (3
> > transactions automatically created)

David Carlson