[GNC] Filtering reports on contents of Memo field

Stephen M. Butler Stephen.M.Butler51 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 13:22:39 EST 2021

On 2/7/21 10:10 AM, Adrien Monteleone wrote:
> If you are treating members as 'customers' then you may have other
> options. Otherwise, you'd have to go through the equally tedious task
> of setting up sub-accounts for each member, or creating a saved report
> configuration for each member.
>
> The Transaction Report does offer filtering capabilities that you can
> use on a Memo field for that last option.
>
> Another alternative for a consolidated report might work:
>
> The Transaction Report also lets you sort by the Memo field, so if you
> choose only the Gift Aid account, and the Memo starts with/contains
> only the Member names, you might be able to get subtotals for each
> member. (if that is what you are looking for)
>
> In either case, no need to filter date range for the account view
> first, you'll do that in the report options.
>
> If you want individualized reports per member, then you can still use
> that last option, but you'll need to save each as a Report
> Configuration and just name it for each Member. Then run them one at a
> time as needed.

What if the Memo field contains "Member:  member last, first name" so
that the filter was on the leading "Member: " portion but you still
sorted by the Memo field.  Wouldn't each break based on the remainder of
that field trigger a total line?  In that way this would be just one
report without having to know if new members were added or removed.

--Steve

--
Stephen M Butler, PMP, PSM
Stephen.M.Butler51 at gmail.com