[GNC] Balance Sheet and Cash Flow Report

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Thu Feb 11 00:12:52 EST 2021

I *never* said it has a 'Statement of Cash Flows' report. Please re-read
my post.

I'm the one who filed the bug on that point.

I had proposed in that bug, what I thought, was a reasonable suggestion
to accomplish one, but the devs see it otherwise. (I'm not the one doing
the coding, so I'm certainly not going to press the point)

A "Statement of Cash Flows" appears to be out-of-scope for GnuCash as it
is likely required by firms that in all probability would not be using
GnuCash, and instead, be using a proprietary high-end or custom package.
GnuCash is not targeted or designed for such firms.

The report that GnuCash does include is certainly poorly named. (this
has been discussed before, in that bug report if I recall, but no action
has been taken to clean it up)

It can be used to show movement or 'flows' from or into one or more
accounts and the source or destination of those flows. I don't care for
the default options much, but with some careful crafting and selection
of accounts, one can indeed see a personal 'cash flow' report.

As I mentioned though, without additional gymnastics, what so many other
packages provide: a view of change in cash over time by period, is not
available. (at least not by the 'Cash Flow' name. With careful planning,
the 'Budget Flow' might get you close)

Regards,
Adrien