[GNC] Reverse all transactions

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Thu Feb 11 15:33:15 EST 2021

Hi,

On Thu, February 11, 2021 3:26 pm, Anton Gladky wrote:
> Hi Derek,
>
> Thanks for a quick reply!
>
>> How did the entries get input into GnuCash?
> Manually, but in a reverse order.
>
>> Why do you believe they are incorrect (reversed)?
> Well all entries in "Expenses" are in "Rebate" column,
> and all entries in "Income" are in "Charge" column.
>
> So I believe all of them need to be reversed.
>
> Now the root structure looks like this:
>
> Assets: -10
> Expenses: -10
> Income: 10

Two things:

1) Yes, this definitely looks wrong.  Sorry.
2) From my experience it's much better (and easier) to enter transactions
from Asset and Liability accounts instead of Income and Asset accounts.

I'm afraid you're going to have to re-enter your data.

You can TRY to export it to CSV, manipulate it there, and then import.

-derek

--
       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745