[GNC] Fwd: GnuCash window placement

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 18:35:44 EST 2021

I have not solved this problem with sub windows overlaying parent windows .

One.  In addition to the case where the account selection dropdown overlays
the transaction list during an OFX  import, that same account selection
dropdown has partial transparency in a normal register window so it is
difficult to pick out the correct text from the jumble with account names
in transactions above and below.  This graphics problem may or may not be
related to the locked overlay problem.

Two.  In the Price Database Editor window, clicking on the Add button
creates a pop-up centered on the current list of prices and covering most
of the window so I cannot see what I had placed the focus on before
clicking Add.  Thus I have lost my reference point telling me whatever I
needed to remember to be sure that I was adding the correct missing datum.
Again, it is impossible to move the overlay out of the way to see what is
underneath.

This is new to me in release 3.8 with the new graphics, but I suspect it is
probably still true in release 4.4

--
David Carlson