[GNC] About 'parent-account-subtotal' option.

Christopher Lam christopher.lck at gmail.com
Sat Feb 13 09:47:03 EST 2021

To clarify:

The subtotal options are:

Parent account balances ( Account Balance / Subtotal / Do not show)
Parent account sub-totals (Show subtotals / Do not show / Text-book style
(experimental))

The first one describes subtotals *before* an account group -- see [1]
below.
Options will cause this line to show either "$0", "$108,000" or blank.

The second one describes subtotals *after *an account group -- see [2]
below.
Options will cause this line to show either "$108,000", or blank (line
skipped), "$108,000" with an unusual alignment.

e.g.
Asset $0                           [1]
Asset:Bank $8,000
Asset:House $100,000
Total Asset $108,000        [2]

The proposal would modify saved reports with "Parent account sub-totals"
set to "Text-book style (experimental)" to use "Show subtotals", and
options limited to:

Parent account balances ( Account Balance / Subtotal / Do not show)
Parent account sub-totals (Show subtotals / Do not show)

I suspect that the number of users adversely affected will be near zero.

Hello Christopher,