[GNC] USAA

Tom Browder tom.browder at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 15:22:59 EST 2021

On Wed, Feb 17, 2021 at 12:21 Richard <rhman44 at startmail.com> wrote:

> Tom,
>
> Thanks for the message.
>
> They do have CSV downloads.
>
> That works but between my wife and I, we have like 6 accounts plus credit
> card accounts with other banks. That makes downloading a CSV for each one
> very time consuming. I am trying to find a replacement software for
> Quicken. They don't have much competition. I refuse to use a service that
> only provides web service so all your accounts are ready to be hacked all
> in one place.
>
> I like having trouble finding a software that can reside on my laptop that
> can download all my accounts from multiple banks in one easy step.
>
> I really like GNUCash. It looks great but I don't think in the long run it
> is going to supply me with the features I need.

I understand, but good luck finding anything else.  When I dumped Quicken
many years ago I found another program I used for a while, but can't
remember the name for it. I finally wrote my own check book program which I
used until I found GNU Cash.

If you are using GNU Cash to integrate all those accounts, have you thought
of combining all or most of them under one house like Schwab or Fidelity or
the like? Those now have much better analytical aids than I had with USAA
and my wife and I have been happy with just TD Ameritrade and Fidelity. And
both houses integrate well with H&R tax software (I took a clean break with
Quicken a long time ago).

Best regards,

-Tom