[GNC] Blurred titles and Language issues

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Wed Feb 24 12:51:02 EST 2021

On 2/23/21 9:05 AM, Gabriele Venturato wrote:
> Hi,
>
> For some reason I didn’t receive the emails with the answers form Adrien and Peter. Can you please check if you put me in cc? I’ve discovered them just because Taull answered and I casually checked the whole thread from the browser.

I only reply to the list, I generally do not CC individual users. To see
my replies, you need to be subscribed to the list, and be set to receive
mail from the list. (either individually or in digest form)

> About the language problem instead, I played a lot with system settings, but nothing helps. I can’t see anything else in dutch except from that date in the bottom of the interface, so it’s really hard to understand where it’s getting that information.
>
> Moreover, I’ve also noticed that the settings about the numbers format are not synced with the system settings. Usually in euros we use the comma to separate decimals, and the dot to group each 10^3 digits. However, in my settings I put the dot for decimals, and the comma for grouping, and indeed in the calculator I use the dot as a decimal separator, but in GnuCash that is not reflected, nor I have any option to change this behaviour. Any idea?

I'm presuming if you've gone that far, you've already discovered the
Advanced button in System Preferences > Language and Region.

The only other thing I could recommend is to make sure English is listed
as your primary language there, and in GnuCash > Preferences > Numbers,
Date, Time > Date Format is listed as 'Locale'

If that is still showing non-English terms, something might be amiss
with your GnuCash config files. (It has its a plist file that might be
stuck on a non-English locale somehow.)

Regards,
Adrien