[GNC] CSS selectors for alternating rows and individual columns on the Account page?

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Thu Feb 25 11:44:12 EST 2021

I poked around with the inspector quite a bit when GnuCash moved to
GTK3, and as far as I can tell, the content of the Account Page (save
the header bar) is not exposed to styling, sorry. (that is, the entire
account table 'tree' is one CSS node and the individual items, rows, and
columns are not accessible to CSS)

You could employ a very ugly workaround though:

Set every other account to have the background color you want, then turn
on: Preferences > Accounts > Account Color > Show the Account Color as
background.

The downside is you'd need to do this for every other account manually,
and then when you collapse parts of the tree, your striping will break.
(and then you can't use other custom colors) You could maybe just set
the parent accounts to have a background color, so that when everything
is expanded, there is some visual separation.

*note, I've found the page easier to read and see the hierarchy when I
turned *off*: Preferences > General > General > Enable vertical grid
lines on table displays.

Regards,
Adrien