[GNC] Moving Log Location

Mike Brady mikee.bunch at sbcglobal.net
Sun Feb 28 15:22:23 EST 2021

I understand the points about moving the main file into its own folder
and letting all the logs and versions build up there. It would be
helpful, though, for Gnucash to offer the option to dedicate a separate
backup or logs directory for logs and versions. Guess I could submit
that as a feature request, though I'm sure it's come up before and has
not been done for reasons. In the meantime, it looks like the only way
to keep a clean directory for my main "project" is to move the Gnucash
data file to its own directory, and put a shortcut to it in my main
directory.

I'm not complaining about Gnucash generating all that file traffic. It's
helped a couple of times when recovering from (personally-induced, while
getting the initial setup and the first couple of months right for me)
errors. Only mildly grumbling about how it seems impossible to separate
it from the main data file.

Mike Brady