[GNC] Correct environment variables for Linux?

Klaus Dahlke kdahlke at gmx.de
Sat Jan 2 16:38:09 EST 2021

Hi Dan,
I prefer to save my data at the end of the day resp. at logout. The .bash_logout script copies the gnucash file(s) to an NFS directory offered by a  a raspberrypi-type computer serving as back-up server. Thus, the main gnucash-file(s) remains as-is and the up-to-date backup is on another hard- drive, even on a different computer. You can even think of copying resp rsyncing the file(s9 to a web-storage if the gnucash data file itself is not too large.

Btw: I use the sql backend, and at shutdown the gnucash database is dumped and zip to a local file on a separate hard disk than the main disk and then copied to the other nfs-server. The database covers about 20 years of just private transactions nad has ~66MB, but the compressed dump has only 6.6MB, so easy to copy.

Best regards,
Klaus