[GNC] gnucash-user Digest, Vol 214, Issue 9

Keith Bellairs keith at bellairs.org
Tue Jan 5 21:48:53 EST 2021

Re: [GNC] Entering a sell in a stock account has magic number
        changer

In my experience the automatic decimal point preference has been broken for
a while. I have used it for decades to save keystrokes. But in my MacOS
 version of GNC 4.x it became almost impossible to enter the number of
stock shares in a security account. Sometimes forcing a decimal point
worked, sometimes not.

I solved the problem with the mentioned workaround: turn off automatic
decimal point. And retrain yourself to start typing decimal points.

Keith