[GNC] Is there a record of reconciliations performed along with closing balances and dates?

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Thu Jan 7 20:50:26 EST 2021

Thanks Jim,

It seems there was some work done recently to bring some of this about,
but it is shelved for now pending other improvements.

In the meantime, the Reconciliation Report does show the reconcile-date
for each split, so I suppose I could take an Account Report and meld the
two together in a spreadsheet. I don't see that the ending balance
reconciled against is recorded, but some working backwards might produce
a good guess.

I'm now in the process of altering my Notes accordingly as best I can
figure the original data.

Note, I'm not sure if this topic is covered in the docs (I haven't
looked yet) but apparently, if you re-reconcile after making an edit,
you should do so with the original ending statement date and amount. For
Cash accounts, unless one records this info, it is lost to the ether.
(the ending balance is lost; the date can be gleaned as you say
directly, or running the Reconciliation Report *before* editing the
transaction)

Thankfully, changes were made to not be so trigger happy on flipping the
reconcile flag so this should be less important after I trudge through
the current mess I have. (many old transactions with more recent
reconcile-date!)

Regards,
Adrien