[GNC] Correct environment variables for Linux?

Dan Ståhlberg dstahlberg at protonmail.com
Fri Jan 8 09:03:00 EST 2021

Thanks for the advice Geert!

I have tried setting GNC_CONFIG_DIR and GNC_DATA_DIR as well but get the same result. I guess it is gSettings/dconf that mess things up.

As this is 3.8b+ version (packaged in Ubuntu 20.04), I may revise my backup strategy and move on to 4.4 and flatpak instead. Sometimes it's not worth all the work, you just have to give in :)

Thanks anyway, I've learned a lot more about Gnucash and its' installation. One day I would like to try building and installing, and maybe contributing in some way. I guess it would be a good idea to set this up as a VM in VirtualBox or such, so you don't screw up your working environment (and accounting :)

Regards,
Dan