[GNC] Best way to upgrade from an old version (2.6.14) to current

bluzman dsamsury at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 19:33:45 EST 2021

I just went through this process (2.6.21 > 3.0 > 3.10 > 4.4) on my Windows
8.1 PC. I chose to do it now because, hey, it's a new year...time to catch
up. It went very smoothly...no hiccups whatsoever. FWIW, the biggest change
I've noticed so far is that generating a balance sheet went from being
painfully slow to almost instantaneous.

Once the migration was completed, I copied the resulting GC backup files to
the cloud and then downloaded them to my Windows 10 laptop. I installed 4.4
on the laptop (removing 2.6.21 in the process) and opened the 4.4 generated
.gnucash file that had been downloaded. Voila! Both machines are up to date.