[GNC] Danish templates do not correctly mark accounts as placeholders

Frank H. Ellenberger frank.h.ellenberger at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 17:40:44 EST 2021

Hello Philip,

Am 12.01.21 um 22:41 schrieb Philip Munksgaard:
> Hi,
>
> I'm not sure if this is the correct place for this,

it is always a good idea to ask here at first.

> but I noticed that the accounts in the Danish templates like [0] do not correctly mark some of the accounts, like "Indtægter", "Aktiver" and so on, as placeholder accounts. This is in contrast to the English templates [1], where accounts like "Income" and "Assets" (which correspond to the Danish ones above) are clearly marked as placeholders. I believe this is an oversight, and it causes weird behavior for newbies like me, like not being able to double-click the account in question to expand it in the account view.

Thank you for heads up!

There is an introducing section about localizing account templates in
https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Translation#How_to_translate_the_files_containing_the_new_account_hierarchies.

https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Account_Hierarchy_Template then describes
several ways to create or modify them.

In theory that accounts are missing the section
  <act:slots>
    <slot>
      <slot:key>placeholder</slot:key>
      <slot:value type="string">true</slot:value>
    </slot>
  </act:slots>
If there is already a <act:slots> section, only the <slot> section
neeeds to be inserted.

Do you think you can create a pull request with the improved file?

Regards
Frank