[GNC] Commission sales

R. Victor Klassen rvklassen at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 13:09:47 EST 2021

Since early in the pandemic we’ve been selling some of our neighbour’s stuff, charging a few percent commission, mostly to cover credit card fees.

Our income here is really just the commission since the end customer knows it isn’t ours and we aren’t providing any value add othe than facilitating the order and delivery process.

The only way I have figured out to account using the business features is to enter an invoice to the end customer and a bill for the full amount from the neighbour.  Then I have to hack around in the income and expense accounts to make the difference between the two show up as commission.

This is because I can’t put an income account in a bill.

Is there a more elegant way of handling this?

Sent from my iPhone