[GNC] Set up

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 02:20:53 EST 2021

Welcome to the Gnucash user maillist.

That is the normal way GnuCash makes automatic backups.  You can read about
the process here: <
https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/FAQ#Basics:_Filenames.2C_Directories.2C_...>

Eventually Gnucash deletes older backups.

Most users place their data files in a dedicated subdirectory of their user
space such as Desktop/Checkbook.  You can call it whatever you want.

On Fri, Jan 15, 2021 at 1:09 AM David Ridell via gnucash-user <
gnucash-user at gnucash.org> wrote:

> Some additional information
>

> > On Jan 14, 2021, at 3:31 PM, David Ridell <dsridell at icloud.com> wrote:
> >
> > I am a new user.
> > I set up the software/application.
> > The directory I am using in my “Desktop”.
> > Every time I safe a transaction(s) 2 “new files” are placed onto to my
> Desktop. Examples are attached.
> > Am I doing something wrong?
> >

> <Checkbook.gnucash.20210114151853.gnucash><Checkbook.gnucash.20210114152201.log>

David Carlson