[GNC] Where does gnucash put the lock file on Linux?

Chris Green cl at isbd.net
Wed Jan 20 07:35:14 EST 2021

I seem to have an odd error with GnuCash saying another copy is
running but only when the xxx.gnucash file is in a certain location.

I needed to move my gnucash database, called general.gnucash to a new
location as it's end of year.

After copying it I can still open it in its original location but
running 'gnucash general.gnucash' in the new location brings up the
error box about another copy running.  There *isn't* another copy
running, I've closed it down properly (and I've also tried restarting
the system).

So why can't GnuCash start with the file in the new location?

--
Chris Green