[GNC] Representing fund restructure in Gnucash

Geoff cleanoutmyshed at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 04:35:10 EST 2021

Hi Peter

 From what you have said, the new security will inherit the old
security's cost base.  So I would create a transaction to reduce the old
one to zero and add the new quantity to the new one.  Blank out the
price and put in the cost base as the value - GnuCash will calculate the
price.

Screenshot #1 attached shows an example where "BHP" is the old security,
and "CBA" is the new security.

Hope this helps.

Geoff
=====