[GNC] Changing multiple transactions

Jeff Rizzo riz-gnucash at tastylime.net
Sun Jan 31 14:35:01 EST 2021

Hi-

I'm currently trying to get my financial house back in order after some
years, and have been pleasantly surprised with how much progress GNUCash
has made since last I tried to use it (8 or 9 years ago).  It seems to
fit my need almost perfectly at this point, with one gaping hole - not
being able to edit multiple transactions at the same time.  :-( (I have
read the "Register Tip" that says "There is no direct way to move a
large number of transactions from one account to another in GnuCash.")

As I'm trying to deal with several years' (two, at this point) worth of
data, having to make three clicks to change each transaction is really a
drag - and it's quickly sapping my enthusiasm for this project.  Is
there some workaround that some clever soul out there is using that
would speed this up?  To clarify, I'm trying to move large numbers of
similar transactions from the "Imbalance" account to where they actually
belong, so I don't see how I could easily do this by deleting an account.

Thanks,

+j