[GNC] mysql setup in linux (debian)

gnu Gord gnucashgord at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 20:44:31 EST 2021

Thank you very much for the information. It seems the problem was that I
had not installed the libdbd-mysql package. I did have the libdbi but not
the mysql package. I also did not have the libdbd packages for pgsql or
sqlite3 ... but I do now! and they now show up in gnucash as options for
the 'save as' Data Format.

The only problem I have now is when I try to save a larger database (about
3.1M in XML) I get an error. It seems to work OK with a smaller database.
The error just says, "An error occurred while processing
mysql://gord@localhost/gnucash."
I tried starting gnucash with the --debug option but I did not get any
error messages other than the one in the gui.