[GNC] gnucash version 4.6 precission issue in price

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 3 15:37:02 EDT 2021

In the  price database the precision is individually set for each currency
or commodity.  That is defined in the securities database using the
Security editor, normally when you initially define the currency or
security, tho you can change it later.  If you are at the stage of entering
a transaction where you need a price to complete the transaction, it is
usually easiest to enter the number of shares and total value and let
GnuCash calculate the price.

On Sat, Jul 3, 2021 at 2:19 PM <s310310 at gmail.com> wrote:

> hi,
>
> in the price database tool, I am trying to set a price of 1.0079 but it
> "corrects" me to 1.01
> a value of 1.0001 becomes 1
>
> I tried to change the preferences -> numbers -> decimal point to 4/5/6
> places, and also remove the "force prices to display as decimals"
> but it didn't work
>
> What am I missing? Is there a bug?
>
> BR,
> Shay