[GNC] GnuCash performance on an Apple M1

Tim Hume tim at nomuka.com
Sat Jul 3 22:20:09 EDT 2021

Hi everyone,

I'm considering upgrading my computer to something faster to run GnuCash (I have a pretty large database). So I'm looking for good single core performance. Apple's M1 chip has good single core performance, but GnuCash needs Rosetta 2 to run (an emulator). Does anyone have hands on experience with running GnuCash on an M1 system? Or would I be better off going with a high end AMD or Intel chip? I basically want to run GnuCash as fast as possible.

Cheers,

Tim Hume

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.