[GNC] Can anyone help with this issue please - GNC-FQ Not able to collect data

Bruce Schuck bschuck at asgard-systems.com
Fri Jul 23 17:32:27 EDT 2021

On 7/23/21 1:41 AM, david.romano at davidjromano.com wrote:

> Hi Bruce, the headline news is that your suggestion fixed the issue -
> see gnu.png - very many thanks to you (and Chris and Geoff) for your
> help, expertise and patience.

Not a problem, glad I could be of assistance. If you previously sent
other screen shots that showed the errors just trying to use cpan, I'm
sorry I missed them.

> Here's the detail:

> a) Running cpan> force install IO::Handle made no difference.

I realize I should not have even suggested this, using cpan to reinstall
IO::Handle would require the IO::Handle module which was at least part
of your issue. As HJS would say, "D'Oh!".

> b) Reinstalling Strawberry Perl appeared to make no difference

As you found out later, since you found artifacts of an older install,
then you didn't completely remove Strawberry Perl as I suggested. But as
long as you worked it out, cool beans!

> BUT:

> 1) A residual directory C: Strawberry with a date of 2016 remained. I
> deleted this.

*This* was likely the key that caused all your headaches.

> Again very many thanks for all your help - I couldn't have done it
> without you.
Again, not a problem.

- Bruce S.