[GNC] Balance Sheet and Win Loose Statement

Silvio Siefke siefke_listen at web.de
Sun Jul 25 11:54:47 EDT 2021

Hi,

> Perhaps you might explain further what precisely you're trying to do, and why. If I wanted to see the data in a Balance Sheet or a Profit & Loss Statement, I'd just run those reports from the menu. Further, if I needed to manipulate the information more, I'd probably copy and paste the contents into a spreadsheet and work on that. Why use python at all?

Now I go to Reports > Balance Sheet and see the Balance after give the
year. But I want make some statistics and its hard ever change the year.

Assets + Liabilities are the same sum so this sum is what I need.
* https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balance_sheet

Same for Income statement only need NET INCOME thats all.
* https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Income_statement

I have read gnucash work with python maybe there is libary where
can do like:

./python_gnucash 2010 "Balance Sheet Sum"
./python_gnucash 2010 "Income statement NET INCOME"

So is my idea would make easier, when can handle the complete
Income Statement / Balance Sheet is great but at end only need the sum!

Regards & Thank you
Silvio