[GNC] Simple Update Question

William Prescott will at theprescotts.com
Wed Jul 28 01:22:06 EDT 2021

One reason to update regularly, is that someday one may have to update. And it is generally easier to update from one version to the next than it is to do an update that skips lots of versions. Data formats change and each version will support converting from the previous format but probably not converting from a format multiple versions previous.

Why might one have to update? Maybe computer hardware changes and the old version will no longer run on modern hardware. Security enhancements. New features you may want.

The downside of updating is that it may disrupt what one is used to. Sometimes it is an inconvenience, sometimes more of a disruption if something no longer works.

Will