[GNC] Changing the order of splits

David Sumbler david at aeolia.co.uk
Thu Jul 29 06:53:58 EDT 2021

I have a set of accounts in which some transactions have a considerable
number of splits, each one relating to an individual person.  All of
these splits have the same amount in the debit column, but the number
of splits in each of these transactions varies.

When I need to add a new transaction of this type, I duplicate an
earlier one.  I then edit the new one, editing and adding/removing
splits as needed.

The trouble with this is that the order of the Account names in the
splits ends up rather confused.  However, I can't find any way of re-
ordering them, which seems strange.  After all, some people might want
the Accounts to be in, say, alphabetical order.  That is not my
requirement, but I would like some particular Accounts to appear
vertically adjacent to each other.

My question is, is there any way at all of moving splits up or down
within the list?

David