[GNC] Help needed in Australia

Liz Dodd edodd at billiau.net
Thu Jul 29 07:48:31 EDT 2021

On Thu, 29 Jul 2021 16:31:38 +1000
Weiwu Zhang <a at colourful.land> wrote:

> Much thanks David for the explanation! I have already got 3 accountant
> offer on setting up the whole thing including their choice of
> software; but I'd wait a few days to see if anyone would offer to also
> set up with GNUCASH. If no I'll just go with one of them.

While many of us are successful users in AU we are not qualified to
sort out accounting, and what your accountant needs to get your
finances done at a reasonable price.

We did set up our own systems ourselves and tweaked them with our
accountant's help.

I would suggest that you start with something else, set up by your
accountant, and keep a separate set of books in Gnucash in parallel,
for several months, maybe up to 30th June.
If you do that you can see which you prefer, and what is best for your
budget. While Gnucash is cheaper on $, it costs a little more in
your time would be the best way to explain.

Liz