[GNC] Changing the order of splits

David H hellvee at gmail.com
Sat Jul 31 03:15:57 EDT 2021

David,

Have you thought of exporting one of your existing multi-split txns in
Gnucash csv format - you can then maintain the details and desired split
order a lot more easily in a spreadsheet program, save the updated file as
csv and then use the csv importer to import the updated multi-split
transaction.  I tried this with an existing multi-split transaction, only a
simple example with 5 splits, and it retained the ordering from the
imported csv file - as it was an existing txn I could compare the two
directly :-)  If you do go this way make sure on import to select "GnuCash
Export Format" in the "Load and Save Settings" and probably check
"Multi-split", check the date Format setting, yada, yada, yada....

Might work for you as a work around.

Cheers David H.