[GNC] Question about Profit-Loss Report

R. Victor Klassen rvklassen at gmail.com
Tue Jun 1 07:42:40 EDT 2021

In our jurisdiction farms are permitted to choose whether to use cash or accrual, and there are various tax advantages to using cash-based.

Happily, December/January is the time of lightest business, so the difference isn’t huge when it comes to accounting.

I do find I need to unpost and re-post invoices (dated Dec 31) when they are issued but not paid; and similarly bills that are issued but not due (or paid) until after the year end I post with a January 1 date.

If and when I’m audited by the taxing authorities I explain what I’ve done and they’re good with it.