[GNC] WHY ARE THERE "IMBALANCE ENTRIES" AT ALL ?? JUST CURIOUS

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 1 18:04:45 EDT 2021

I might add here that there are corner cases where it is very difficult to
quickly bring a transaction into balance, and sometimes it is necessary for
an accounting judgement needing to be made.
Many of these cases arise when something does not have a well defined
value, so an estimated value needs to be assigned, possibly by someone
other than the person entering the transaction.
Other times it is necessary to draw on calculations that cannot be made on
the fly, such as realized gains on security sales, which may need
cumulative values from multiple opening transactions, along with multiple
previous partial closing transactions and time intervals calculated as well.

David Carlson