[GNC] WHY ARE THERE "IMBALANCE ENTRIES" AT ALL ?? JUST CURIOUS

Peter West pbw at pbw.id.au
Tue Jun 1 21:44:21 EDT 2021

I’m a fairly naive user, but I find the Imbalance-XXX and Orphan-XXX accounts (at top level in my CoA) extremely useful, and I understand why they are there. If I ever see a balance, I know I have to fix something, which is a good reason to have them at the top. I can’t comment on any changes that might have occurred in the behaviour of these accounts recently. However, in respect of the tidiness of the CoA, one possible solution is to create a special case for these accounts, such that they only display in the CoA listing when they have a non-zero balance.

Peter
—
Peter West
pbw at ehealth.id.au
“…unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.”