[GNC] Frustration (recently used files)

Andrew Ralph andrew.ralph at me.com
Sun Jun 6 20:35:51 EDT 2021

Hi Team

Theses questions are probably best directed to John Ralls the mac expert. I am running macOS Mojave Version 10.14.6 and I have just downloaded Gnucash 4.5.

I am sorry to keep repeating myself with these issues and I appreciate your input so far I just don’t seem to be getting the opening and saving of multiple accounts at all, making using Gnucash for my application un useable. I have historical data that I am not sure where it is, in current accounts. I have backed up but struggling to integrate that, but that’s another issue but would try to get this sorted first.

I hope I can explain my problem so you can understand and offer practical solutions.

I have historically had 4 sets of accounts based on 4 different bank accounts for 4 individual rental properties. I have only been opening from the file drop down menu as I have been unable to figure another way of doing it. I have come unstuck a few times with other headings coming in to this 1-4 menu but have managed to retrieve main accounts more by good luck than good management. Now I have 5 accounts I am completely lost.

I have tried saving main accounts on desk top and in different files with appropriate headings and all I get is the copy of the last account I was in when I open, either by double clicking or right click “open with” gnucash

So all I can open at the moment is one of the 4 accounts below,

if I go into any of the accounts I have saved with different headings all I get is the last account I had been working on.

So I understand there are only the last 4 historical accounts I have been working on as above. All I want to be able to do is save accounts in appropriately named files on my computer outside of gnucash and be able to open to have the correct data specific to that account and be able to add data and run reports etc.

Very much appreciate your input and happy to look into any practical solutions.

Regards

Andrew