[GNC] Enable Online Stock Price Updating in GnuCash

Jai Rao jaibrao at outlook.com
Fri Jun 4 00:37:09 EDT 2021

Sir / Madam,

I am trying to enable Online Stock Price Updating in GnuCash - (in Windows 10).

  *   I have installed Strawberry Perl

     *   Then I ran the "Install Online Price Retrieval for GnuCash" - from the Start Menu

        *   This goes thru a long process in the CMD Prompt (Shell) window

           *   It seems to make it to the end - see picture below:
           *   [cid:6644e8d2-a3a2-4004-9571-53b898113207]
           *   Then I open a new CMD Prompt and type:  "perldoc Finance::Quote"

              *   It says that there is no documentation for this

  *   I then tried to go to the GnuCash Wiki page - but I was not able to get anyhere.
I also could not figure out how to do the Root Shell to run "gnc-fq-update"

Can you please let me know what to do?
Thanks,
Jai Rao