[GNC] Transaction ordering on num field

flywire flywire0 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 12 01:09:04 EDT 2021

The question is about custom changes to the sorting algorithm (with an
undocumented feature) and I'm questioning actually using a *non-standard*
sorting algorithm. Using the 80:20 rule most of the benefit of the system
comes from a small part of it. How can GnuCash evolve if custom code is
carried forward forever?  That may well involve a major change and as Will
pointed out it is easy to add leading zeros.

-----

"The Reserve Bank of Australia (RBA) is Australia's central bank... It does
this by conducting monetary policy" https://www.rba.gov.au/about-rba/