[GNC] Convincing the balance sheet report to not show sold stocks...

km22 km22 at gmx.com
Mon Jun 14 01:16:57 EDT 2021

I am also having this issue.  I have a brokerage account and for each stock
or bond I have set up a security and a "stock" account type for that
security.  Many of the positions have long been closed and reflect a zero
balance in the register.  However the "Balance Sheet" report is showing the
row with 0 position despite me deselecting the option "Include accounts with
zero total balances".  I have chosen to select "Levels of subaccounts" to 4.
When I change this number to 6 (the maximum) then some of the accounts with
zero balances are no longer displayed (while some accounts more than 6
levels deep are still displayed with the zero balance).  I therefore suspect
the issue has to do with how the report chooses to show accounts that are
deeper than the "Levels of subaccounts" selected.  It would be nice if this
issue could be fixed in the report logic. (I have no idea how to try to do
this myself.)

Thanks,
Ken

Maybe you're not managing your entries so that there is no residual value
after all the shares are sold. The way I handle my capital gains/losses the
stock asset accounts have no residual value.

HTH

Paul