[GNC] GnuCash very slow to start up and quit

Saša Janiška gour at atmarama.com
Thu Jun 17 02:00:02 EDT 2021

On Sun, 13 Jun 2021 09:10:42 +0000
Tim Hume <tim at nomuka.com> wrote:

> I just ran a test. My data file is 37 MByte in SQLite format, and 52
> MByte when in XML and uncompressed. However, the compressed XML is
> under 4 MByte.
>
> It took 1m 17s to open GnuCash with the compressed XML file, and 55s
> with the SQLite file. I'd recommend the SQLite format based on these
> tests.

Thank you for your input!

I am getting pretty much the same result - ~15s and just wonder
whether Sqlite3 could be considered more robust storage format
although I keep XML uncompressed under VCS (Fossil)?

Sincerely,
Gour

--
One who restrains the senses of action but whose mind dwells on
sense objects certainly deludes himself and is called a pretender.