[GNC] Starting the program with 6 months of data.

David Cousens davidcousens49 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 17:25:46 EDT 2021

Howard
Unfortunately there is no option but to enter the data.  If you have it in
another accounting system it may be possible to export the data. CSV format is
commonly available and sometimes OFXor QFX    You can make this a little bit
easier if your bank makes OFX/QFX or CSV files available for past transactions.
This will at least capture all the information where transactions have passed
through your bank account but you will have to manually create invoices and link
the transactions where appropriate as payments.

see the GnuCash help manual
https://www.gnucash.org/docs/v4/C/gnucash-help/trans-import.html#:~:text=Navigate%20to%20the%20MT940%2C%20MT942,the%20transactions%20in%20the%20file
. for more detail.

David Cousens