[GNC] dark theme on Linux (Michael)

Michael fulano5156 at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 26 12:46:01 EDT 2021

Sorry, I'm new to this and already replied 3 times but no answer, not
sure what I'm doing wrong.

David:

Thanks so much for your prompt reply, According to this site
https://www.mail-archive.com/gnucash-user@gnucash.org/msg07079.html, you
need enter the following entries into a settings.ini, please see the
detail below (it's my first post here, not sure what'll be displayed or
not, so to be safe, I've added the important part below

I have come across the following combination of settings to enable a
default
dark theme on linux. Creating a file settings.ini in $HOME/.config/gtk-3.0
with this contents
[Settings]
gtk-application-prefer-dark-theme=true
gtk-theme-name=Adwaita

I already have a settings.ini file under gtk-3.0, so I just appended
above entry, and nothing changed.

I did as you suggested, this is the steps I took:

Edit > Preferences > Register > Graphics > unchecked Use GnuCash
built-in color theme. Restart GNC. Again, nothing changed. I did not
logout, since my dark theme is already on. What am I missing? I had an
old pc also with Linux, on that one, the GNC dark theme is working, but
I'm not sure because I installed/removed so many apps (fairly new to
Linux), I dont't recall what I did to make it work.

Michael