[GNC] File locations to restore when migrating Linux computers?

Adam Funk a24061 at ducksburg.com
Mon Mar 1 10:46:51 EST 2021

My laptop died recently but I managed to recover all of the home
directory and I'm setting up another one.  Looking through the copy of
$HOME from the old one, I find gnucash-related files in the following
locations:

~/.gnucash               (no files changed since 01/2019)
~/.cache/gnucash         (... 05/2020)
~/.config/gnucash        (empty, changed 05/2020)
~/.local/share/gnucash   (has timestamps from the day I last
                          ran gnucash)

as well as the directory where I save the main file.

>From looking at the contents and the GnuCash wiki, I think that I can
discard ~/.gnucash because ~/.local/share/gnucash has completely
superseded it, but I'm surprised that ~/.config/gnucash is empty.  And
I think the .cache stuff is supposed to be discardable.

Any advice or suggestions?  (I'm using Ubuntu-MATE.)

Thanks,
Adam