[GNC] CSV matching produces duplicates?

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 3 21:04:11 EST 2021

David Cousens,

As Elmar pointed out, clicking the 'A' box  for an incoming transaction
forces the import even if there is an existing match.  That is worse than
just accepting every transaction as new and going back and deleting
duplicates later (this has essentially been my procedure for the past few
months of supposed training of the new Bayesian matcher).  I mostly use
manual OFX imports except for a few accounts where that is not offered.

He also points out that sometimes there is an existing match but the
importer does not find it or allow it to be manually matched during the
import.  I do see that too, although it is infrequent for me.

In any case, there is very little of the potential labor saving from the
automation actually happening

On Wed, Mar 3, 2021 at 6:38 PM David Cousens <davidcousens at bigpond.com>
wrote:

> Elmar,
>
> If a transaction has been matched and is marked to be either updated (U
> column checkbox selected) or cleared (C column checkbox selected), you have
> to deselect the selected checkboxes in the U (up[date) and C (Clear)
> column(
> previously labelled the R column in earlier GC versions) and then select
> the
> checkbox in the A column for the transaction row to force it to import. It
> is then likely you will have to assign a transfer account before importing.
> The importer does learn particularly in the account matching part of the
> procedure and it is important for the learning process that this is done
> before the final import of the batch of transactions
>
> David.
>

> -----
> David Cousens
> --