[GNC] Access GNUCash From Different Devices

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Thu Mar 4 21:50:32 EST 2021

Though this isn't ideal, you could leave GnuCash running on your iMac
and access the iMac from the iPad via ScreenSharing.

I've done this using VNC Viewer with little setup config. The 'not
ideal' part is that you have to leave it running (not a problem for me
as I rarely close it anyway) and you don't get a normal iPad touch
screen interface, but rather a way to move the mouse cursor remotely.
(you do get a keyboard though for input) VNC Viewer has the ability to
act like a pointing device, but that doesn't work well if at all when
trying to remote view a desktop screen. (that is, your finger moves the
mouse pointer rather than being the mouse pointer like a normal iPad app)

I have yet to do this remotely. I have a static IP, but I suspect you'd
want to do some serious router lock down of forwarded ports if you want
to access your desktop remotely.

Regards,
Adrien