[GNC] [GNC-dev] Finance Quote 1.50 release candidate 1 is available

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Mon Mar 8 05:37:02 EST 2021

Hmm, my mail client insists on munging part of my original message on re-
sending, so here's a manually edited one with my full comment...

Op zondag 7 maart 2021 20:39:00 CET schreef John Ralls:
> Not offhand, but it's quite possible that adding symbol fixes the problem.
> Did you try gnc-fq-helper, and if so what was its output?

On a tangent, why does gnucash require a symbol key ? The full hash keys also
have the symbol name, albeit in a weird format that can be converted into a
proper two-dimensional hash without too much trouble. I'm doing that in my
work in progress branch:
https://github.com/gjanssens/gnucash/blob/
c847fa3aa4a5f90fa4dbf93673d3668e9ddc9e22/libgnucash/quotes/finance-quote-
wrapper.in#L107

What would be the potential issues if we decided to make the symbol key
optional, assuming we also fix the code to use the symbol part of the hash
keys of course ?

Regards,

Geert