[GNC] Best way to close unpaid invoices?

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Mon Mar 8 10:54:19 EST 2021

You should refrain from making manual entries or edits in AR/AP. It
isn't that you can't or that anything will blow up, but you may forget
that the Business Features will not see those edits/transactions where
you might expect them to.

If you really need to make manual edits/entries, create an 'Other AR/AP'
account, as a child of the main account, and make sure it is of type
'Asset/Liability' and *not* of type 'AR/AP'. (there can be only 1 of
each of those)

With the method listed below, the Business Features (and their reports)
'think' the customer paid when they did not.

See my other reply describing how to close these out properly in GnuCash.

Regards,
Adrien